Cool Stuff to Do in Paris
Here's a list of ideas to get you started! You can follow the Cool Stuff in Paris
- Paris strolls: La Promenade Plantée
- Paris strolls: A lovely walk from the Louvre to the Arc de Triomphe
- Paris strolls: Take the scenic route up to Sacré-Coeur and skip the 200+ stairs
- Pixel monster spotting in the Latin Quarter
- Halloween in Paris
- Take a boat ride on the canal, part of which is in an underground tunnel!
- Explore the huge flea market at the Porte de Clignancourt
- Hunt down locations from Amélie in Montmartre
- Art history sites in Montmartre
Day trips (and longer trips) from Paris
If you've got a longer visit to Paris planned, why not try to work in an adventure in another part of France for a day or two? Here are some of my favorite getaways.
- A pilgrimage to Mont Saint-Michel
- Provins a beautiful medieval village just 90 minutes by train from Paris
- Omaha Beach and other D-Day sites in Normandy
- Halloween at Disneyland Paris!
- Le Château de Vincennes
- Saint-Remy-Les-Chevreuses a medieval fortress just 35 minutes outside Paris
- Amazing giant mechanical animals in Nantes
- My hunt for the Beast of Gévaudan
Annual Paris events
I'll write about each of these later, but feel free to Google them and find out when they're happening! The dates change every year.
- Nuit Blanche "Sleepless Night." Stay up all night with Paris and explore museums (and bars!) 'til the sun comes up.
- Fête de la Musique City-wide music festival with everything from big concerts to kids jamming on street corners.
- Paris Pride Parade & Festival Join thousands of Parisians for this huge annual LGBT pride march.
- Paris Plages Enjoy (ironically, if you wish) this slightly tacky man-made beach on the banks of the Seine with real sand and palm trees!
- Nuit des Musées Museum Night; tons of museums open late, for free!
- Techno Parade Just what it sounds like! Crazy annual techno music parade though Paris.